Vaping presents a great way of getting your daily serving of CBD. While there are loads of different CBD products on the market and lots of ways to incorporate them into your routines, vaping offers some unique advantages that appeal to many people. In this article, you’ll learn all about CBD, vaping, CBD vape dosage and how it affects you.
What Is Vaping, and Why Do People Do It?
While vaping offers many advantages over traditional smoking methods, it’s also a much healthier and more enjoyable method of consuming all kinds of products, including CBD oil. When you compare smoking to vaping, you essentially remove all the harmful chemicals and by-products that make smoking such a bad habit.
If you didn’t already know, vaping is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to consume CBD. But if you’re unfamiliar with it, you’re probably wondering what it is and why people decide to go this route. So, let’s go over some basics.
Vaping is a process where you inhale water vapor through electronic cigarettes or other devices. Compared to smoking dried CBD flowers, vaping does not produce any harmful smoke and offers many more benefits that are both beneficial for your health and enjoyable.
Vaping started to become popular in the early 2000s and has grown exponentially in popularity in the years since. It’s quickly overtaking smoking as the most preferred way to consume CBD and other products like THC and nicotine because it provides a variety of benefits and far fewer harmful effects.
The mechanics of e-cigarettes, also called vape pens, are pretty simple. First, the battery provides power to an element used to heat the product you’re vaping until it reaches a stage where it produces water vapor that can be inhaled. While there are various types of heating elements involved in e-cigarettes, the most common type in CBD vape pens is called “ceramic” because it uses a heated ceramic coil to vaporize CBD vape oil.
There are hundreds of different types of e-cigarettes, and they all work slightly differently from each other. However, users will generally pour CBD vape oil into a cartridge or atomizer, which then heats it up enough to produce water vapor inhaled. Then, when you draw air through the mouthpiece, you’ll pull CBD-infused vapor into your lungs. And this is how to get your CBD dose through vaping.
Let’s explore CBD and the benefits of vaping it a little more closely.Shop CBD Products Made from American-Grown Hemp
What Is CBD and Why Do People Vape It?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, one of the more than 100 cannabinoids found in industrial hemp. CBD doesn’t produce a psychoactive high, unlike its cousin THC, so it’s safe to use and legal in all 50 states. CBD was first discovered back in the 1940s. Still, it’s only recently that the compound has received more mainstream attention for its potential health benefits.
In recent years, CBD oil has been researched for its potential to treat all types of conditions, from physical pain to various anxiety disorders. It’s also popular because you can consume CBD with a low risk of any noticeable side effects. In fact, the WHO has stated that it does not cause dependence or abuse and is generally well tolerated by most people.
CBD and the Endocannabinoid System
CBD works by interacting with your endocannabinoid system (ECS), a set of neurotransmitters and receptors found in your body. When you consume CBD, it affects your ECS by interacting with endocannabinoid receptors and stimulating the systems that regulate things like pain sensation, mood and memory.
CBD comes in three primary forms, and each is represented in CBD vape oil options made by different companies. So it’s good to be aware of this to make an educated buying decision.
- Full Spectrum CBD – This CBD also contains other cannabinoids and terpenes found naturally in the plant, such as CBN, CBG, THC, etc. It’s important to note that CBD made from industrial hemp will have a maximum content of 0.3% THC by law.
- Broad Spectrum CBD – This form of CBD has the same cannabinoids and terpenes that full spectrum will but is THC-free.
- Isolate – This type contains pure CBD and nothing else.
So why do people vape CBD? Well, besides its many health benefits, CBD is a very versatile product. Many folks choose to use CBD as a daily supplement by adding a few drops of oil under their tongue or taking CBD gummies throughout the day. But these aren’t the only ways to get your daily serving of CBD. And vaping unlocks a whole new way of enjoying the benefits of CBD.
Since the legalization of industrial hemp in 2018, many people have started using CBD oil. As a result, we’ve seen a considerable surge in demand for all kinds of CBD products, including vape pens and cartridges. This is great for consumers because it allows them to tailor their CBD usage to their specific needs. But it does place particular importance on ensuring you get high-quality, third-party lab-tested CBD products.
People generally choose to vape CBD over other methods for a few reasons.
- First, vaping offers the highest bioavailability of any method of taking CBD. Bioavailability refers to the amount of CBD that makes it into your system when you consume it. Vaping guarantees the highest levels of absorption. This is because the CBD enters your system through your lungs and goes directly into your bloodstream, allowing it to be distributed throughout the body much more quickly than other methods.
- Second, vaping CBD is ideal for portability. You can vape basically anywhere, even in places where you might not be able to take other forms of CBD like tinctures or capsules. And since many e-cigarettes are small and easily carried, CBD e-cigarettes can also be a stylish accessory.
- Next, it’s easy to customize your CBD servings when it comes to vaping. Since each cartridge is a precise dose, you can easily adjust the amount of CBD you’re taking on any given day.
- Last, vaping allows you to experiment with different flavors and strengths to see what works best for your specific needs. You can control this by purchasing other CBD vape oils specifically designed to be used in e-cigarettes. Let’s chat more about those now.
CBD Vape Oil – Getting the Right One for You
It’s important to note that you absolutely cannot use standard CBD oil for vaping because it contains other oils and ingredients that will gunk up your vaporizer. So always make sure you’re buying CBD oil designed explicitly for e-cigarettes, as it’s been designed and crafted for this use.
CBD vape juice typically features a carrier agent for dilution, such as vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol. While it may sound odd, don’t be put off by the carrier agent. These diluents are widely used in the food and beauty industries, so they’re safe to use when vaping CBD.
As we’ve discussed before, there are many names used to refer to liquid CBD products designed to be used in a vaporizer. Some of the terms that you may have heard it referred to as include CBD drip, CBD vape oil, CBD e-liquid, CBD e-juice, CBD vape juice, CBD distillate and no doubt a few others. If you’re ever in doubt about whether the product you’re buying is suitable for vaping, just check the label or directly contact the company that makes it.
Once you’ve established that what you’re purchasing is CBD vape oil, you then need to decide on flavor and potency. So let’s focus on the flavor first.
CBD Vape Oil Flavors
This can feel like your hardest decision when making choices regarding vaping because there are literally hundreds of flavors of CBD vape oil available on the market. Some companies offer a few select options for new vapers, but others have dozens of flavors to choose from. Your job here is deciding how appealing they are to you.
Things to consider when choosing CBD vape oil flavors:
- How does the flavor sound? Think about your first reaction when you read it.
- What would you want your taste buds to experience while vaping?
- Do you prefer more subtle, mild flavors or stronger, bolder ones?
- Is this a flavor you think you’ll still like after a week or more, or is it simply the novelty that’s appealing to you?
These are all essential questions that will help determine what flavor of CBD vape oil you end up with. Suppose you’re someone who’s new to vaping in general. In that case, you’re going to want something less overpowering but also interesting enough to appeal to your taste buds. On the other hand, if you vape daily already, you’ll most likely want a more robust or complex flavor to keep you interested.
Another option for finding good flavors of CBD oil is checking out videos that have been posted online where people have tried various CBD vape oils and reported on what they enjoyed. You can also read reviews of new products that seem promising and ask for people’s first impressions about the flavor.
Once you’ve decided on the flavor, it’s time to pick your potency. So let’s delve into that now.
CBD Vape Oil Potency
Potency refers to the amount of CBD measured in milligrams that you receive in a given vape oil. The milligrams of CBD per milliliter of liquid will also determine the concentration. The higher the concentration, the more potent the effects of each draw on your e-cigarette will be.
Most manufacturers will list the total milligrams of CBD contained in each disposable vape pen or refill cartridge and how much CBD is delivered per typical three-second puff or draw. Some companies will also list the CBD milligrams per milliliter of liquid and the total milligrams in an entire bottle or canister.
When deciding what potency to start off with, if you’re a beginner, it’s better to go with something milder around the 250mg or 300mg mark. However, if you’re an experienced CBD user, you can go ahead and up the strength to 500mg or even 1000mg.
How Much CBD Should You Vape?
As we’ve mentioned above, there’s no set amount of CBD you should vape per day, and this is because everyone has different needs when it comes to their personal health. However, some general guidelines can help you choose the right amount of CBD vape oil to use per day.
Here are a few tips on how much CBD you should vape based on your specific needs:
- Start small and work your way up. As with most things, you want to start off slow and get a feel for the effects before going all in. If you’re trying out CBD, vaping or vaping CBD for the first time, then a lower potency less often is wise. Then, you can explore gradually, increasing the dosage as time goes on in a controlled fashion.
Don’t go overboard. Remember how we mentioned starting small and working your way up? Well, there’s a good reason for this because overdoing it is never fun. Also, too much CBD can lead to unwanted side effects like feeling sleepy or dry-mouthed.
- Vape on! Once you’ve found the best CBD vape oil for your needs, then the rest is really up to you. This means that it’s time to get vaping. Keep in mind that your needs may change over time, so even if you’re vaping 10 mg of CBD daily, there may come the point where you reserve that amount just for times when you need it the most, or you may also need to increase it.
- Your CBD vape needs may differ from other CBD products. Because vaping increases the bioavailability of the CBD to your system, you may find that previous doses of CBD gummies or tinctures aren’t the best guidelines. Likewise, don’t try to match your intake with other CBD products. Even if you’re an experienced CBD user, understand that it’s something new, and your body needs time to adjust.
How Much CBD Should I Vape? Conclusion
As you can see, plenty of factors play into how much CBD you should vape. However, once you find the perfect CBD vape oil for your needs, then it’s just a matter of finding the proper dosage that works for you. This means trying out different CBD strengths until you find what meets your needs.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be difficult, and there are tons of products out there that will allow you to control your dosage. And if this is your first-time vaping CBD, then it’s probably best to play it safe and start off with a low dose.
With a bit of patience, your CBD vaping journey is bound to be a great one.